Sunday, September 13, 2015

About Me

Welcome to Cowtown Caroline! I'm Casey, and I'm a former elementary school teacher who is spending a little time at home raising our two daughters in one of the most fun cities around! 

I started blogging about my classroom happenings a few years ago at Cardigans and Curriculum. I took a hiatus for a while, and during that time I continued to teach as we welcomed two sweet baby girls into our family.

Sweet Caroline- 2013

Our family of 3, July 2014

July 2015 we became a family of 4!

Beautiful Molly Katherine

Our girls.


I am so thankful to be home with these sweethearts, but I do miss the classroom, and I can't seem to turn off that part of my brain....

Of all the aspects of teaching, I am the most passionate about children's literature. I love all things literacy, and I LOVE a great children's book, whether it be a quality board book, a lovely illustrated tale, or a youth novel. So, I started blogging again at Cardigans and Curriculum about utilizing great literature in the classroom. My writing over there tends to be a bit more technical and is centered around classroom instruction, grades 3-6. 

I wanted to start this blog to write a little more about raising girls and utilizing great literature in the home. 

Above all, I am a follower of Jesus, and aim to raise our girls to follow as well. I hope you find this blog to be uplifting. Secondary to that, I hope you find inspiration to read great books to the children in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment